Approved CEUs for LCSW, LPC & LMFT
NEW SKILLS FOR PEOPLE WHO HELP PEOPLE
The focus of our therapeutic education program is to provide a path for client communication using self-expressive spontaneous art. We use the medium of stained glass to inspire and stained glass design activities to motivate clients to action on a monthly basis.
The program begins with a DoodleBohmBa workshop, which is divided into two classes. In the first class, which is our Garden Spirit Sculpture (Part One), you will build a mini stained glass project demonstrating hand-on techniques. Part Two is called the Art of Healing, and focuses on the art of stained glass and methods to use art therapeutically. Discussion in the second class will include aspects of your experience making the project in the first class.
Special group classes are available on request. Call (918) 664-8604 or email us for pricing and date availability.
The official program is named DoodleBohmBa, after our founder Richard Bohm. The program engages all ages with beginner level creative projects for themselves and others. This program is based on Mr. Bohm’s book, Experience the Power of Art.
Professionals Who Would Benefit From These Classes
- Community Social Workers and Therapists
- Social Work Administrators, Researchers, Planners and Policymakers
- Senior Activity and Event Coordinators
- Child, Family and School Counselors
- Church Activity Leaders
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Military / PTSD Counselors
Continuing Education Units Approved for Social Workers, Professional Counselors, and Marital and Family Therapists
Tulsa Stained Glass is an approved provider for social work continuing education by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers (Provider 20190415). The DoodleBohmBa program is approved by the State Board of Behavioral Health Licensure for continuing education credit for Licensed Professional Counselors(LPC) and Licensed Marital and Family Therapists (LMFT). Our DoodleBohmBa workshop provides 5 CEUs. Both workshop classes must be taken within one calendar year to receive the CEUs.
How Do I Enroll In The DoodleBohmBa Workshop
The workshop is divided into two classes, but held on the same date. When you purchase a ticket, you are paying for both workshops. For your convenience, you have a choice of dates throughout the year. Classes have limited seating. Please review our refund & rescheduling policy.
Enroll by visiting Scheduled Classes to select your class date and purchasing your ticket.
What Will I Learn
Learning Outcomes: By the end of this course students will:
- Have experienced the therapeutic creative process first-hand by designing their own stained-glass sculpture and observe finger-painting & creative doodling exercises
- See the value in making pieces of art created in therapy and how this creative process can help individuals experiencing emotional & psychological challenges achieve personal well-being and improved levels of function
- Have gained knowledge of how third-party artwork can be used to help people in treatment develop self-awareness, explore emotions, address unresolved emotional conflicts, improve social skills, and raise self-esteem
- Have an increase in knowledge and understanding of using play and art in therapy in which self-expression and spontaneity is its sole foundation all the while being done in the stained-glass art medium, paint medium, and through creative doodling.
- Have gained a better understanding of the powerful effect that the creative process can have on those in therapy
- Have gained knowledge of common techniques such as finger painting, creative doodling, scribbling, drawing, using textiles, and building.
- Have gained a better understanding of how the use of color, spatial arrangement, and composition can be analyzed to provide insight on how to best approach a case.
“Outstanding presentation, technique, friendly delivery also from instructor, relaxed atmosphere = A+ in my opinion – will definitely use therapeutic art concepts and I will come back for more CEU’s!!”
Angela Alderman, LPC
“Very creative and hands-on. I enjoyed creating and learning a new skill!”
Karen Newbury, LPC
“Fun, creative, and out-of-the-box thiking that impacts you and your clients!”
Lindsay Benson, LPC
“Very informative. Liked interaction in the class.”
Patrice Lott, LPC
“This workshop was amazing & very therapeutic! I would use this for so many different things in Coping For Clients!”
Stayce Williams, LPC
Feedback from one of our students in the DoodleBohmBa program for Social Workers. She is excited to move on to the second class and then incorporate the program into her work with her clients.